Seven Blessings in Partnership!
Please take a moment to pray and read through this teaching article on the seven blessing and benefits of partnership. I believe there are some great promises of breakthrough for you and your family as we stand biblically on the Word of God about sowing, partnership, and reaping. We need to be armed with the truth of God’s Word to receive the fullness of His blessing in this time. I give seven promises of blessing for those that partner with us. Standing on the truth of God’s Word will help us recover lost blessings and give us better understanding to receive the fullness of God’s promises in our giving. I believe this article can also be a great resource for those of you looking to build partnerships with your own churches and ministries. Thanks for reading!
This is definitely a season of increase and great breakthrough. We are focused at this time on praying for our ministry partners and asking the Lord for 300 NEW harvest partners. I want to encourage you in being a covenant partner with our ministry by sharing some of these promises in God’s Word on the blessing of partnership.
Partnership is the relationship between two or more individuals or groups that agree to share a common responsibility and ultimately achieve one common goal.
Partnership in ministry is a well-established principle in God’s Word. It comes from the Greek word koinonia which means “partnership or reciprocity, a sharer or to give someone a share, an associate” with others in ministry. The true intimacy of the word partnership is their relationship in receiving a mutual resource. The Amplified Bible defines partnership as “sympathetic cooperation and contributions in advancing the good news.”
“Partner” comes from an Old French word parconier, which mean “joint owner and/or joint heir.” The word “ship” comes from the Old English word -sciepe, which means “state or condition of being.” Put them together and the word literally means “the state of being a joint owner.” In other words, “what you got I got.”
We are the generation that is going to see strategic prophetic partnerships brought together by the Holy Spirit so we can gather the huge harvest of souls for His Kingdom.
Be encouraged by these verses in The Bible as Paul describes giving (partnership) with the Gospel!
“I thank God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now” (Philippians 1:3-5 ESV).
Paul goes on to say “I hold you in my heart as partakers and sharers, one and all with me, of grace (God’s unmerited favor and spiritual blessing)” (Philippians 1:7 AMP). When we partner with the spreading of the Gospel and support the minister, we enter into becoming a shareholder of the grace and fruit. Wow!
“But it was right and commendable and noble of you to contribute for my needs and to share my difficulties with me. And you Philippians yourselves well know that in the early days of the Gospel ministry, when I left Macedonia, no church (assembly) entered into partnership with me and opened up [a debit and credit] account in giving and receiving except you only” (Philippians 4: 14-15 AMP).
“For even in Thessalonica you sent [me contributions] for my needs, not only once but a second time. Not that I seek or am eager for [your] gift, but I do seek and am eager for the fruit which increases to your credit [the harvest of blessing that is accumulating to your account]” (Philippians 4:16-17 AMP).
We know that in Philippians 4:19, “But my God shall supply all of your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus,” was written to people who were partnering with Paul in the Gospel and gave to his ministry on a regular basis. Paul confirmed that in I Corinthians 16:2 when he wrote, “On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside.”
I love that even Jesus had those who were touched and set free by His ministry that gave back to Him and the disciples out of their substance.
“Soon afterward, [Jesus] went on through towns and villages, preaching and bringing the good news (the Gospel) of the kingdom of God. And the Twelve [apostles] were with Him, And also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had been expelled; And Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod’s household manager; and Susanna; and many others, who ministered to and provided for Him and them out of their property and personal belongings” (Luke 8:1-3 AMP).
Remember when you give to a ministry, you not only bless the people that are being touched by the ministry, but you start a supernatural flow in your finance, and you partake of the anointing, grace, and blessing that’s on that ministry.
Why Partner Today?
Stand on these seven promises in your giving now! Just understanding His promises in partnership will help you receive the full benefits.
1. When you give, you will receive more. Jesus said, “Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you” (Luke 6:38 NKJV).
2. Expect a reward! “He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man’s reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward” (Matthew 10:41-42 KJV). That word “receiveth” is in the present participle tense and it refers to “a continuous or repeated action.” It’s not a one-time thing, it is an ongoing partnership.
3. “Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what they have done” (Proverbs 19:17 NIV). Your partnership helps us reach the poor with the Gospel! God will repay.
4. After thanking the Philippian believers for their generous partnership, Paul offers them a wonderful promise: “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen” (Philippians 4:19-20 NIV).
5. The Joy of Answered Prayer: “For I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance” (Philippians 1:19 ESV).
6. Sharing in God’s Grace and Anointing: “It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me” (Philippians 1:7 NIV). By sharing with Paul in his ministry through prayer, people, and financial resources, the church was also sharing in the anointing and calling that was on Paul’s life.
7. The greatest reward or benefit in partnership now is souls in sharing the Gospel. “Because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now”(Philippians 1:5 NIV).
The reward for you that pray and partner with a ministry is the same as the minister and ministry that labors. “Who would listen to you in this matter? For as is the share of him who goes into the battle, so shall his share be who stays by the baggage. They shall share alike” (I Samuel 30:24 AMP).
As you consider becoming a Fresh Fire Partner today, my prayer is that fruit may abound to your account in many souls (see Philippians 4:17). As we co-laborer in God’s fields through partnership, “Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15 KJV). Amen.
God calls are gifts to the ministry. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God (see Philippians 4:19).
Yours in the Harvest, Todd Bentley